Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will windows vista let you transferr it from one computer to amother if you remove it from the original computer?

Yes, I think they made the decision to not allow it. But then because it is supposedly supposed to be aimed more to our crowed they chaged it so you can.

it doesnt make sense, vista is suppose to be more secure, yet we all know darn well it will have the same number of hotfixes if not more than xp within 5 years

if knew more about linux and cedego/whine so i can play my games, i'd probably switch

i also question what will vista allow me to do that i cant do in xp...aside from dx10 which supposedly wine in linux can do or will soon beable to. i'd hate to spend all that money to upgrade only to do the exact same things i already do in xp

perhaps someone can give me some perspective here

I thought the same thing many times, but i did not ask cuz theres a chance i might be wrong, but i think they say that just for marketing reasons................

on the linux thread i was told cedega and wine are a pain to mess with...*sigh

i'll probably end up at some point paying $400 for vistaultimate, downloading nlite and attempt to remove all the worthless clutter and cross my fingers that it doesnt gradually bog performance down forcing a reinstall like xp does

seriously though...what is vista offering over xp?? 3d interface/dx10?...oh ....how amazing
i already read about several security flaws discovered and its not even released yet....same ol hotfixes galore..what the F**$## is the point? i'm so p'd off right now

Like any new OS there is always some time to fix the bugs. I don't think it has that much more to offer for me to run right out and get it. Will I?...... most likely cause i'm a sucker for punishment.

IF u already have windows xp pro, can u just buy the upgrade version of vista(probably ultimate) and do a clean install and reformat of it?

No. It is called Upgrade for a reason You need a OS already installed to upgrade to Vista. To do a format and full install you will need the Full Version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom