UV Lighting Effects Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AznRurouni007

Baseband Member
I'm considering putting in a lot of UV reactive things into my case, like fans and cables, etc.. but in order for them to glow i obviously need a UV light .. anyways, i spend a lot of time in front of my computer and i'm concerned about health effects, if anybody has information on this, please reply, thanks =)

Hell sometimes I wonder too, but then again sometimes I don't. I guess we can both get screwed by any health effects come our way, as long as I can see, type, and click, I'm fine.

If anything, your monitor's the one that'll do the damage.

I have 4 UV cathodes an two uv fans, running for 7 months (not contiuously but pretty close it's probably on 6 / 7 months) I'm fairly healthy.

LOl you should not have any problems. I dont think they would be able to sell the product if there was an issue. Yah your not going to have any issues. UNless when your spraying your case with uv paint your start huffing it..........

There wouldn't be any health effects from having lights inside a case. The only health effects that come from using a computer would probably be radiation to the eyes and maybe carpel tunel *sp*. Anyways, for the UV lighting, I had 9 or 10 lights in my case at one time to make everything glow well, I recently took out some of the lights to get rid of all the wires, they were hidden, but I knew they were there. As soon as I have money again I'm gonig to invest in getting a mirror custom cut to fit inside my case or something like that to reflect all of the UV lighting throughout the case. Positioning of the lights is something you'll need to take into consideration also. Spread them out, don't clump them up.

Like the people above said, UV lightintg shouldn't pose a threat to your health or else no one would buy them. Plus acrylic is very effective at blocking UV radiation (better than glass) and I don't beleive UV rays can penetrate a metal case so you should be safe.

You get a hell of a lot more UV rays from the Sun itself then a few cathode lights in your computer case. Of course that also depends on where you live ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom