i love ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey guys.
been thinkin, maybe i should buy another gig of ram....the two empty slots in my mobo look awfully lonely...
same kind as my current (pc-6400c4), 2x512 sticks.
i can get em for about 150. you guys think it's worth it, performance-wise?

Oh yea, definetly, more then worth it.

Right now I have 1.5 and I wish I had 2gigs, I don't see how you can be happy with 1 gig haha.

Running 3 gigs of memory? What kind of noticeable performance increase will you think you'll have? I was considering doing the same thing. I thought that RAM let you multitask more at once... does it do anything else?

2gigs of ram is all your need for windows xp. greenplantseed.....RAM also helps in loading programs and windows a little faster.

actually if you have a video game with intense graphic capability then more ram would make the game run smoother. the graphics would load entirely in the ram rather than a slow swap file on your hard drive.

thanks for the info, i may get it anyway if it goes down in price a little.
also, thanks to the moderator who erased my sig which took me so long to make...
its not any bigger than a lot of them on here, b1gapl included.
(not picking on you b1gapl, just pointing it out).
by "too big" do you mean takes up too much page room, or too big resolution. a little elaboration would be nice before i modify it and make it smaller only to have it erased again.
i've only had it on here for, hmmm...let's see, about two weeks now with no problems.
you could have at least p.m. me and asked me to scale it down.
thanks.

The max sig size allowed is 468px wide, 120px high. The reason my sig is bigger, is because I fold for TF. It's like a privilege you get for folding.

okay thanks
i know that the small pic has a size limit, i just figured as long as sig was reasonable it would be okay. i didnt see a size limit on it.
i'll make it to fit those dimensions.
dude i really wasn't picking on you, your sig was just the closest big one for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom