Hard Drive and OS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
Ok, I have a 36GB Raptor and two WD 500gb drives. Now what I want to do is have both my 500gigs in RAID1 and my Raptor by itself. I want to run have my OS and my games on my Raptor for faster loading, and I want to have my 500gigs holding all my other stuff (music. movies, backed up dvds). Two simple questions, is this possible? and if so how?

Thanks. :).

Yes, its possible. Just build an array for the 2x 500GB in the BIOS and format both drives. As long as the Raptor has the boot partition, it will boot the machine.

Yea, but can I still load programs and stuff off my RAID array?

Like lets say I wanted to save Ares on my 1TB array so I can have all that room to save my songs, could I still load Ares while im on the OS on the Raptor?

You can choose to install your programs on the RAID 1 and you can choose to save files on to the RAID 1 from programs that are installed on the Raptor.

yes, the programs will install to whereever you point them to in the installer. the OS will just look for the progam's files there.

Ok, so I just need to install the Windows on the Raptor, then build my RAID through the BIOS, then when it asked me to install my programs I just point them to my RAID array and its all good?

One more question, is there anything special I need to do so windows can recognize my RAID array?

The only thing you have to do after you build the array in the BIOS is to format it in Windows using disk manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom