Computer keeps shutting itself off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsNhan

Beta member
My computer keeps shutting off since i removed the cpu fan and heatsink to clean them.

I turn on my computer i see a screen with the name of my motherboard and the model, then it says my computer did not start normally and gives me a list of choices of what to do, i click on 'Start windows normally' then a few moments after my computer shuts itself off.

I think it might have something to do with me removing my cpu fan?

Thanks in advance. :D

Oh i forgot to tell that i already put my fan back on, but its still acting up. Could it have something to do with the thermal paste?

Do you have a CPU with a heat spreader (big grey top) or just the core? If you got thermal paste all over the transistors and stuff, then yeah it could be the thermal paste....if not, I doubt it.

Now, does the fan still spin? One time I took the fan off my old computer to clean it out (it was pretty bad) and I accidentally cut one of the wires in half while putting it back on, so the computer shut itself off due to heat.

The fan is spinning fine. Does anything happen when i dont reapply thermal paste when a reconnect my cpu fan?

Thanks I got my computer working, it turns out the heatsink and fan was loose. Thanks for all your replys.

Sorry for double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom