Best Video Player for Windows Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCLAUGH

Baseband Member
Well, for some reason, with Vista's new Windows Media Player, I cannot view media files in my firefox or internet explorer browser. I have to use VLC but when I use VLC, I cannot stream protected files. For example, I pay for streaming for Video on Demand, and I have to put in a username and password before I can access the stream, but VLC doesn't do that. Is there any player that has the same or better functionality than Windows Media Player and can do what I ask and works with Vista? Thanks.

-McLaugh

WMP is the best MEdia player for Vista. Divx does work but WMP overall is the best. HAve you tried downloading the Vista Codec Pack?

IT is probably cause they are not coded for WMP11. Since that is what Vista has installed. So what the sites should say is for WMP9 or WMP10. Since it is obvious that it doesnt support WMP11.

Makaveli213 said:
IT is probably cause they are not coded for WMP11. Since that is what Vista has installed. So what the sites should say is for WMP9 or WMP10. Since it is obvious that it doesnt support WMP11.

Is there anything I can do about it? Like are there codec packs I can download that can support those kind of websites?

No there is nothing that can be done. That is controlled by the people that code the site. They have to update it for WMP11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom