All my new stuff is here!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kohkane said:
True, I'm with Murda, i want to know some feed back on that MOBO.

and pictures!

Take a look on the EVGA message boards -

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

An overclocking thread (680i) -

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23680

I got the 680i as well, but no oc'ing. I'm a beginner as far as building and modding pcs so I havent delved into it yet. There has been some problems that plagued its intro, but EVGA has been working on the fixes. Everyone seems content with EVGA's support, so I think its a good buy for the over-clocker. I'm no over-clocker, but I just can't but the cheaper stuff, not that I'm spendy, just that I think its worth it for the long run. My install went flawless, but I also didn't do a raid config, just a single raptor, although it was an sATA harddrive.

Man I visited that forum and I am going to say that I am not ready to buy a 680i sli mobo yet. I will wait until more of these mobo are out and they have worked out all the bugs. So I think I will get either a Asus or the MSI 975x V2 mobo.

I hate u! i can't afford once geforce 8800 gtx, yet alone 2 of them, i hate u!!!!! ur like made of money, maybe u would buy me one?

Ok, had to install windows to get online and get new bios, then flashed bios, set up raid 0, now reinstalling windows. Once I get windows installed I will then dl new chipset drivers then dl new forceware drivers. After that i'll install other card and get sli working. I'll post more after that.

Heh, I looked at those forums mutwa posted. "omg my 680i and SLI 8800GTX and QX6700 and DDR2 1111 RAM won't OC o noes". They make us seem so poor.

All you guys have to realize he's most likely at least in his 20's, most likely has a job paying at or over 35k a year, and most likely doesn't have a kid, and if he's single then he's practically got it made when it comes to spending a few thousand on a system like this. Most of us will be in this situation sooner or later, and then we'll be able to build killer systems without any problem :) Nice build ;)

Hey, well put. 27, in pharmacy school, with a descent job, and a girl in school with me, that is down with me building nasty computers..... Dont make that much money, but in 1 year I will make close to triple that... :)

edit: And as I said above, just buy nice stuff you can resell eventually then you can fund future upgrades somewhat....

I was just joking a little bit on my previous post. No jelousy intented. But I'm 17 and I'm really proud of my setup. I aim to be running crazy setups 10 years from now and not even worrying about the financial side too.

I'm getting a build similar to yours so be sure to let us know about any problems with anything. Look at my sig, it's pretty close to your build. I think this was said before but I have also heard some things about the evga 680i board that have made me second guess myself so I wanna hear your experience with it.
Thanks

Okay guys, its 2:34am. I have everything together now, here is the order I did things.

Got 1 vid card, mem, proc psu, cpu/cooler, dvd drive and 1 raptor in. Installed windows, dl the update utility and flashed the bios to the p23. Then i installed other raptor, created a raid 0 array, and reinstalled windows (side note, they give you a raid disc I did not see so I went to the site and dl their utility to make one, then installed it on a bad floppy, which after I figured out it was bad, I had wasted an hour of my time). I then dl the latest chipset drivers and got them in. I then installed the vid card cd, and then went online and got the latest nforce drivers for that. Shut down again, and installed both the other gtx and the sound card, had to do both because I had the case open and tray out. Rebooted, windows saw both. First installed the GTX drivers again, then the sound card drivers. Went online and got the latest xfi drivers, got those installed, then installed xfi software. Enabled SLI and I'm now fully up and running.

I have not done anything to the fsb or mem. Mem is posting as 800 not 1000. I will mess with OC'ing tomorrow. I am beat tired but I must say that the biggest suprise was how amazing this case is. I mean ****. It is huge and perfect. Everything fits with room to spare. This case is perfect, and with all the fans running I can hopefully keep it cold.

As for the mobo, so far so good. I have not installed the usb headers, and 1 fan header seems to not be working, but I just ran the cable to another power line. Seems rock solid but I need to get some benches up. You definetely have to jump through hoops with all the dl and what not, not a good board for a first time builder. But hey, we all love to tinker so I really didn't mind. I'll OC and continue this thread tomorrow. Have a good night everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom