NV4 Video Card Issue ( nVdia GeForce 4 MX 440)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson225

Solid State Member
Hey, This is my first time here and I here to ask a question that is being a major pain to me. I own a nVidia GeForce4 MX 440. It worked fine until recently. I bought Half Life 2(HL2) and it said my drivers were out dated. So I did what any anxious gamer would do, I went to the nVidia website and got the driver that corresponded with my video card ( or atleast I think). Upon installing I went and tried HL2. I got an error message saying that I had a video card driver error.

This is a short hand version of what is said.

NV4 driver is not working properly, Please restart your computer.

I restarted and tried the game again, same results. I even tried to play a game that I play all the time ( World Of Warcraft ), This never even worked, the same error message. after I exit the message the screen becomes weird colours.

After restarting the computer I got a message that asks if I want to report this error to microsoft, I do and it gives me options. None of which are helpful.

Please help! If you can link the correct driver for my video card please do. If you know how I , someone who has little Computer knowledge, can fix it. Please tell!

Thanks,
Dylan.

Uninstalled drivers, installed the "Correct Link" and got the same message when I tried to play games. This is what it says:

Windows - Display Driver has stopped responding

The NV4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work adn reboot the system to restore full functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialogue will be displayed giving you the chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.

It's starting to annoy me because I really don't want to pay to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Dylan

Can you reinstall the drivers that came with your card? Otherwise grab some older drivers of Nvidia's site. I haven't messed with the MX series in a long time-there were some tricks in getting them to work.

yeah, stuffed, I tried everything to get me old one to work, different computers, old and newest drivers, etc etc

so i came to the conclusion it was stuffed

Well, this sucks.. Off to the computer store for me. Any good ideas on a good card in the $200-$250 range?

Well seeming you had a geforce 440 you would have agp, you could probably go for a geforce 6500 or 6800, dont know where you live so The prices are most likely different where i come from but thats an estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom