wireless help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargor45

Beta member
i need help with my wireless connection! when i set up my usb wireless adapter it can connect to the network but its not picking up the routers settings not letting me connect to the internet. i have another computer that works fine with the wireless. as i am using it now. i have also noticed that my network controllers drivers arent installed witch is really weird because i never uninstalled it. and i am wondering if maybe that is causeing my problems. my LAN is on the motherboard and its an asus P4S800D-X

OK OK :D
Lets take this one step at a time
network controllers drivers
What do you mean by this ? are you refering to your NIC for the lan or your WI FI for the WLAN ?

Do you have any encryption set in the router for the WI FI ?

no encryption for the wifi and i got the controller issue fixed. Now i just need my wireless adapter to pick up the router settings so that it can connect to the internet. it connects to the network its just not picking up the gateway dns ip and MAC of the router and i dont know how to get those settings on to the wireless computer. the message i get is limited/no connectivity when it connects to the network. i run the ipconfig but it picks up nothing that is remotely close to those settings

Do you have a firewall running on your notebook, even the winsows built in ?

click start
the run
type in ncpa.cpl
hit enter or click ok

highlight your WI FI
right click
click props
scroll down to tcp ip
highlight
click props
make sure the radio button for obtain automatically is selected for both tcp and dns

... the big question if you connect with a cat 5 cable to the notebook can you hit the internet ?

srry i didnt specify. its a desktop not a notebook. as for the direct connection. I am unable to direct connect at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom