LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demortix

Baseband Member
Alright, so im looking to buy my first LCD monitor. iv got about $400 and will be using it mostly for gaming and movies.

The higher the contrast ratio the better, right? i was thinking at least 1000:1 would be good. 19 inches would probably be fine too.

other than that im not sure what im looking for. or what brands are trustworthy.

just scoping the market, let me know of any sugestions.

i found this one at Newegg

SAMSUNG 931C High Glossy Black 19" 2ms (GTG) DVI LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 2000:1 dynamic - Retail
for $280.
seems awsome to me, but im ignorant. reviews where mostly good, but there was only a couple.

well, i gotta go, just thought i would throw that in there, to show ya what i was looking at.

Thats another question i had. will a widescreen monitor affect nonwidescreen aplications?

is contrast ratio that imporant? im not even sure what it means. haha. im seeing a range of 500:1 to 1200:1, but if it dosnt matter that much i wont worry about it.

SCEPTRE x22wg-Gamer Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1200:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
i found this one, little more expensive though. $359.99

i dont know if it will still be around when i get my money. have to wait and see. well i guess thats it for now, ill check back in a couple days.

Thanks for the Help

i have 3 lcd 19" lcds that i use for gaming and 2 have 700 and the other one has 500 contrast ratio and i don't notice a difference. Don't know what your doing though.

2 i bought where $200 and the third was $300 and they all perform about the same but the $300 one stays cool to touch cause it doesn't get hot.

And go for the 8ms response time or lower. I have 8ms response times on all my lcds and they are perfect.

Lonewolf5460 said:
for 198 i got my acer wide screen 19 inch 5ms with 400 you can get 2

Are Acer LCD's good?
I was just wondering because I'm getting an LCD next payday (finally), and was wondering. I read that the colors aren't that bright.

there good i absolutely love my acer lcd the colors are good and i love the price i have a review of my exact monitor that i found the other day if you want to read it.

talldude123 said:
Are Acer LCD's good?
I was just wondering because I'm getting an LCD next payday (finally), and was wondering. I read that the colors aren't that bright.

Yes, to my knowledge Acer is a good brand. I have the monitor(in my sig) and its awesome. colors are bright as **** to me. its a great monitor for not too much $$ id definitely recommend it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom