Installing BIOS to motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hercine

Solid State Member
Ok, so I have downloaded the BIOS to my motherboard model as a zip file, and I unzipped it to my desktop. After that, however, the file I have zipped is one of those in which windows asks what program to use to open it. I need help installing my BIOS, World of Warcraft is giving me problems because of it...

What kind of motherboard do you have? Some can be done in Windows with supplied software while others will require DOS.

You need to creat a boot disk and load the BIOS onto it in most cases. Your motherboard manufacturer should have the files needed on their site.

Well he said that different BIOS require different ways of installation - I need to know what that way is, thats the main problem.

Ok, so I found the manual, and decided to update my BIOS using a program that was on the support disc. If you download that manual, you will see in 4-7 the steps to download the updates. I selected "Update BIOS from internet", and then it connected to ftp.asus.com, then it told me the updating program itself needed updating. Everything was fine, then when it actually tried to update itself, it said "Unable to find the file on the remote server!" Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom