Buying parts for new build, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Parts for new build, need help

Going to be building a new comp in the next week so any critiques would be appreciated. Already have an lcd, keyboard, mouse, etc. Here's the plan so far...

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Motherboard:
ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Intel 975X ATX
or
ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP Intel P965 Express ATX

RAM:
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit

Hard Drives:
Western Digital 74gb Raptor
and
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB

PSU:
SeaSonic S12-600 ATX12V 600W

GPU:
eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB

Sound Card:
Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Platinum 7.1

Media Drives:
NEC 3550 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
and
Sony Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM
and
NEC Black Floppy Drive

HSF:
Zalman 9500

My budget is $1700 US btw. Are there any parts that would be better than what I chose? Any places I can save a few bucks? Thanks.

The psu is abit over the top for the system and if your not ocing a smaller name brand may be better as corsair is quite expensive for what it is. god i wish i lived in the USA my computer price just seems to go up and up whilst over there it is so cheap.

Matt

actully for the price the 7900GS is better. 7900GS is phenomenal overclocker and can hang on well. the x19050pro is a better card in most apps even after OC'd but its also about 50 bucks more
I'd say stay with the 7900GS as the perfoamnce increase for 50 bucks isnt enough IMO and also if your on a budget.

Well, I think he has enough he has a $1700 buget. I think it will be enough but I really don't know. I think it is a better card for the price it is but it is really up to you man,

Dont buy the corsair, get G skill ram and use the money you saved for o I dont know. maybe a case to put the 1700 dollars worth of stuff in. LOL

Yeah, I want the psu to be able to handle a future upgrade that's why it's a little over the top for this one. Ok so ASUS p5w instead of p5b? Everything else good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom