OMG!!! my CPU has been running practically without a cooler!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

secret222

Beta member
First off, sry if im posting in the wrong section, this is the only area it would allow me to post. OK, i got my pc from dell, i have been playing games on it like bf2 and such for about a month. When ever a game would start playign the fan would get crazy loud, i thought it was cause of the source hogging games i was playing. I then recently bouhgt win tv and went to put the chip in and noticed that the giant cpu cooler wasn't even screwd on! IT was just siiting there on two hinges like a door when its not closed but up against the coping of the border on the wall. (dont know if that makes any sence) I screwed it down and u can never here the fan any more when playign games. Do you think my cpu got damaged or anythign like that. THE computer never just shut down and turned off while palying a game like if the cpu got too hot or there was insufficent supply of power when the cpu cooler wasn't bolted on. but im scared my pc has been damaged, is it alright or could there be something wrong? How could Dell miss that.
Please HElp,
Thank you

Another reason not to buy your computer from Dell. How long have you used the computer without knowing the cooler wasn't on properly. I'd say if it still works fine, then there isn't any significant damage.

If it worked fine last time you used it, it probably works fine this time too.

On the other hand, screw that thing back on, and while you are at it, put some nice AS5 (Arctic Silver THERMAL paste).

ive used the computer on average 1 hour a day runnign battlefield 2 for about a 3 qursters of a month/

Ive left my PC On for the past 1 year and never turned it off 75 percent of the time call of duty 2 is running an open. My PSU is over 5 years old and my pc is a Athlon 2600 with a 9600XT , I have never had any problems with my pc. It has never overheated at all. And somehow the last week or so my Graphics card has somehow got faster. It used to lag on high setting at 1280x768 now its on extra high at 1300 something by something (widescreen) and the temperature hasnt gone up.

P.S. Thats a typical dell fault , my Relatives got a pc from them but it wouldnt turn on , turned out they hadnt connected the power cable up from the Power Button ... its just terrible.

Your CPU will be fine All the older Athlon's under 3000 are rock solid never over heat and never break.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom