so i bought a new video card and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyein

Beta member
it dosent fit :( surpirse surprise... i assumed i had an PCI express card slot (?) because my old card fit (ATI 9800 PRO) but the new ( GEFORCE 7950 GTOC) is different but looked to be the same when purchased. '

is it possible to modify the computer i have now ( EMACHINES T2482 - i know its crap but does the job) so that ill be able to use the new vid card in it? could i get a new motherboard and have it installed in the computer i have now? can i just get an PCI Express slot put in ? any help is greatly appreciated and needed, thanks

Nope, can't fit a PCI-E card in a AGP slot, and you can't put a PCI-E slot in either.

I would recommend getting a new AGP card, it is the easiest solution for you. EMachines leave almost no room for upgrading.

Bah, get a new motherboard, it is not like you need a NICE motherboard, just get something that will get you by and has a PCI-E slot. And make sure it is the same form factor as your E-Machines case.

well good to hear to that getting a new motherboard will do it, beats buying a whole new computer :beard:
hopefully best buy / future shop as some and can install them too

Yeah, go to best buy, and buy a mobo from the geek squad, and they should install it for a low price, or maybe even free. I think they install some products free, if they are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom