Blank Discs not detected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wicked23 said:
What program r u using to burn cd's?

I tried a couple programs including Nero, Media Center XP, and other random ones which I have forgotten.

RicoDirenzo said:
Now that is a horse of a different color.......your drive is probably toast......Newegg is now your best friend:

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=10&name=CD-DVD-Burners-Media

If my CD drive is truly toast I have no problem replacing it, but I am not so sure it is. Why is it that only blank discs are not detected? It doesn't even say it has 0 bytes, just that there is no physical disc in the drive. Any drive with at least a bit of data it reads fine though. So confused. :mad:

wicked23 said:
2 questions.

1 did this just start happening?
2. did you format the disk?

1. See the thing is I never really used this PC to burn discs as I have another computer for that. Now, I am starting to store more and more files in this computer. I never was able to burn anything into a blank disc with this PC before and the first time I tried and failed was probably a couple of months ago. Something tells me this PC wasn't able to do it from the start. The PC is only a few days over a year old btw, I have a hard time believing the CD drive is already fried.

2. No please explain this to me. :p

And thank you all for the replies and concern. I greatly appreciate it. :eek:

Remove the IDE secondary channel from device manager and reboot. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MOBO CD WITH IDE DRIVERS becasue you may have to reinstall your mobo driver set. You may have a corrupted IDE driver.

RicoDirenzo said:
Remove the IDE secondary channel from device manager and reboot. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MOBO CD WITH IDE DRIVERS becasue you may have to reinstall your mobo driver set. You may have a corrupted IDE driver.

I don't have the mobo disc, is there anything else I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom