Unable To Turn Off Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
I'm unable to turn off my Windows Firewall. Every option is greyed out... Any way to fix this? I'm running Windows XP Home SP2, Intel Centrino M 1.7GHz, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video. I recently installed BlackICE, and uninstalled it, thinking it was my Firewall that was blocking my connection. Turns out it wasn't. Could be Windows Firewall though.

Is this a home machine or work machine? Sounds like some kind of policy is applied preventing you access or you are not an administrator on that machine? What happens when you logon with the admin account? If it is home though I dont think that is the case cause you cant set local policies on home versions. I would follow talldudes advice and killing the Windows Firewall/ICS service.

I used the msconfig route, but I don't like that is totally disables it after every reboot. Are there any other options? Also, this is a home computer, and the reason why I'm trying to disable it, is because either the Router or computer is messed up on my network, and the computer won't pick up the signal from the router that there is a wireless network. Any ideas why that may be caused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom