Wireless on Compaq

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
Compaq's are crap.

Now here's the problemo. My Dad has a new computer from Compaq and we have a wireless network setup throughout the house. All other computers we have set up have the option to search for wireless networks. The Compaq doesn't have this option. He has a wireless adapter plugged in to the computer ready to recieve the signal, but there is no utility that allows us to find our network. So what do I do to get the wireless working? Is there a program I could download?

Thanks peoples :D!

First of all, its not the Compaq's fault. If you are using Win XP then there is a built in wireless utility(look in control panel.) But, the wireless adapter should have come with some software. Install it and it should put some kind of wireless utility on the computer that will search for the network.

Question--How could this be the computers fault at all?

Well, this computer is the only one that doesn't have the wireless utility already installed. The hardware of the computer I don't blame. But Compaq and it's crappy software I do. It has really weird internet wizards that pop up and stuff that really don't help at all. It's easy to do this on other computers that's all.

The wireless utility doesn't work, I already tried it 20 different ways. My Dad lost the software for the adapter but I got the drivers of their site. Is there something I'm missing?

what is the wireless adapter brand. Whatever it is you can just download the software network utitlity for the wireless adapter from that website, since your dad lost the cd.

The model is MA101 by Netgear. I thought I downloaded the utility off of the netgear site but maybe it was just the driver?

well, make sure that you are using the utility that you downloaded. You may be using another by mistake that doesnt work with your card. I would uninstall everything that has to do with this card and download all new drivers/ utilities off of Netgears site and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom