new to comp. gaming and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

so_fly81

Beta member
hi, i just recieved a new dell dimension E521 desktop computer and i would like to play some games that would, i am assuming would require a graphic card. could anyone suggest one that is under 100$ and would work with most new games. thanks.

thanks just in case you were wondering this is one game i would like to play, well its requirements that is..
PC Processor Speed: 1.4GHz
PC System Memory: 256MB RAM
PC Hard Drive Space: 2.5GB
PC Video: 32MB GeForce2 MX video card
PC Additional Requirements: DirectX 9.0c

will this run fine on my computers stock card, sorry for all the Q's im still learning.

M733mhz said:
Yes, that game will run on a cardboard box with a few hamsters inside.

Yes but not literally :D .... If thats a game your planning on playing there is definitly no need to upgrade your card ! the 7300LE is more than 4x faster (as a general figure) than the system requirements for that game:eek: . Send us some more game requirements and we'll tell you how it runs.

Glad to help on any question.

Thanks

ATI RADEON 9250 256MB DDR PCI Graphics Card.

found this card, how well will this run with new games and is it better than the current geforce 7300le turbocache i have?
thanks guys.

here are the requirements for the recently released Medieval 2: total war, it looks like a good game, will this work? last one i think.

PC Processor Type: Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or equivalent, Intel® Celeron™ processor or equivalent
PC Processor Speed: 1.5GHz
PC System Memory: 512MB RAM
PC Hard Drive Space: 11GB
PC Video: 128MB 1024 x 768 DirectX 9.0c-compatible hardware accelerated Shader 1-supported video card
PC Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
PC Drive Type and Speed: DVD-ROM 8x
PC Additional Requirements: DirectX 9.0c, Internet service required to access online features

Ok First of dont get a radeon 9250 bad idea that would pretty much be a downgrade on the 7300. That game is more like it ! it needs a real pc. Now what graphics card do i reccomend for i well any of the following will do:

ATI Sapphire Radeon X1650 (XT or Pro) XT Being Faster.
Nvidea geforce 7600 (GS or GT) GT being Faster

Or anything above the X1650 e.g X1800, X1900
Anything Above 7600 e.g 7800, 7900

Thanks

hey i got the same comp with the same card except i updraded the cpu and ram. I can run battlefield 2 on medium settings an a very nice resolution with out ever getting any lag waht so ever. Never exspiernced 1 milisecond of lag. So you really dont need to upgrade your card. YOu can run all video games out there.

secret222 said:
hey i got the same comp with the same card except i updraded the cpu and ram. I can run battlefield 2 on medium settings an a very nice resolution with out ever getting any lag waht so ever. Never exspiernced 1 milisecond of lag. So you really dont need to upgrade your card. YOu can run all video games out there.

No quite :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom