Perplexing Nero Odd Cd Burning Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPSHUS

Beta member
Hi,

let me start by saying I've been reading on this forum for a while now and I think it's a great forum. A wealth of knowledge here for sure. With that being said, I'm by far no advanced or expert PC user, but I've done countless hours of research over the last few years and have been able to figure out most problems that have arised.

There is one issue that I have though that I can NOT figure out and i'm hoping someone can help me or knows a solution or is aware of the problem. It is with NERO. Basically, whenever I burn a 'CD' the burn process completes, but when I play the CD there is like some kind of "screetching" noise or just odd noises throughout certain tracks.

At first I thought it was the .mp3 being corrupt, it was not that. ThenI thought maybe the CDs, again, NOT that, then I figured, maybe the burner, NOPE, not that! So I was getting very frustrated at this point and figured, hmmm, let me try to burn with Windows Media player, and sure enough, PERFECT! NO ODD sounds of static or screetching during listening to the finished/burned CD! I also tried other FREEWARE CD BURNING programs, and those burned perfectly too!

Now that there is Windows media player 11, I guess it uses a NERO PLUG-IN so I can't burn with that anymore because I get the SAME problem with every CD I burn. I am just baffled as to why this occurs. I have a fully licensed version of Nero, I've downloaded the latest version, SAME PROBLEM. I've completely re-formatted my HD, SAME PROBLEM.

And the oddest thing is I can use NERO, OR NERO BURNING ROM OR NERO EXPRESS TO BURN ANY DVDs or SVCDS, AND NO PROBLEM AT ALL!

NERO BURNS ALL MY DVDs and SVCD's with PERFECTION! But when it comes to CDs, for some reason or another it burns but when I go to playback I get that annoying noise throughout much of the CD.

I've searched High and Low and haven't found the possible cause for this. If anyone can offer what they think is going on and how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks very much in advance.

Now this is tough. I use Nero myself for my CD burning and i have never come across anything like this.

Even after a format it still happens?

The only thing i can say is since you have a fully licensed copy you have to contact NERO. Since it is something with their software that isnt compatable.

Only other thing i can think of is drivers. Are you fully up to date with all your device drivers and firmware?

thanks for your response. To answer your questions, yes, i'm fully up to date with drivers, etc. And as I mentioned, used different blank media, same problem, different drives, same problem, the disc burns 100% complete but when you play it, you'll hear odd almost like "scratching a record" noises throughout certain tracks. Of course, too bad it doens't sound that good, lol..it's really annoying.

Oh, i've also tried burning at the SLOWEST speeds, and SAME ISSUE, so it's DEFINITELY a NERO Issue as other burning programs do NOT have this issue. I dumped NERo a long time ago because there were MANY other programs that killed it for burning, especially DVDs, like Prassi and Record Now Max. They STILL kill Nero, but I did purchase NERO b/c some of those other programs were discontinued and I had to use some DL burning functions.

Point is, at this point i'd REALLY like to know WHY this is happening and why other burning programs, even the COMPLETELY FREE CD BURNER XP do NOT have this issue and burn 100% flawlessly? :amazed:

I just tested another cd and I think the BEST WAY to describe the problem is it sounds just like the song at certain parts is "hiccuping" it's SKIPPING or STUDDERING.

FOR EXAMPLE, the first 1 or 2 mins may be perfect but at some point in the track let's say the lyrics are "sky" "blue" "green"...it doesn't matter what the words are, but let's say when it gets to "sky" it will be like skkky, it like studders or skips for a split second.

I CAN RIP THE ENTIRE CD! And when I rip it and play it on my HD it has the same problems in the same, exact area. So it seems like the Data is getting corrup during the converting process and/or burning process with NERO. The question is WHY? Why NO OTHER BURNING program but ONLY NERO? Baffles the **** outta me but it has to be something.

SON OF A *****! I JUST FOUND THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEMS,
http://cd-burner-help.com/blog/?p=33

THAT .DLL FILE FOR SOME REASON CAUSES THIS SKIPPING PROBLEM! THAT IS JUST SICK. NOW I REMEMBER WHY NERO SUCKS COMPLETE 100% ***. IT'S A COMPLETE **** PROGRAM AND I WOULD OF NEVER USED IT IF IT WEREN'T FOR LACK OF REAL DUAL LAYER BURNING PROGRAMS OUT THERE AT THE TIME I PURCHASED IT.

PRASSI AND RECORD NOW MAKE NERO LOOK LIKE 3 YEAR OLDS PRODUCE IT. UNREAL, MAN NERO SUCKS. INSTEAD OF FIXING THE ISSUES IN NEWER VERSIONS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY INSTALL OLDER .DLL FILES..WHAT A JOKE.

ANYWAY, MAN, JUST SEARCHING THE "RIGHT" TERMS ON GOOGLE FINALLY BROUGHT THAT UP..WOW!

I AM SURE THERE ARE PLENTY OUT THERE THAT MAY OF BURNED TENS OR HUNDREDS OF CDS WITH THAT CRAP PRODUCT CALLED INFERO, JUST TO REALIZE LATER DOWN THE LINE THE CDS ARE CORRUPT...UNREAL! WELL GLAD I LISTEN TO EACH AND EVERY CD I BURN IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE DELETING ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom