Input Not Supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhpmike

Beta member
Hi,

I do not know much about computers but usually enough to fix my own minor problems. I have not been able to fix this.

I installed my old GeForce2 MX 400 PCI into my parents' computer rather than the standard card that comes with the computer. Whenever I plug the monitor into it, all I get is a black screen with a "Input Not Supported" message.

The monitor they have is terrible so I'm guessing that that could have something to do with it, but I figured almost anything could handle an old GeForce 2 (64MB i believe).

Acer AL1714 Flast Screen is the monitor.

Here is some hardware information:

Intel Celeron 315 2.26GHz
Prescott
Socket 478 mPGA
90nm
1.4v
480Mb

Motherboard:
Micro-Star international Co.
Ms-7104
VIA

BIOS:
Phoenix Technologies v. 6.0

Graphic Interface:
AGP Version 3.0
Transfer Rate 8x
Max supported 8x
size band enabled

Memory: 512MB

Thank you for your help,
mike

do you have another monitor anywhere that you could try? If not, do you have any friends that would let you come over and try it with their's?

Okay I've made progress.

The first thing I needed to do was go into my BIOS and change the priority from AVG to PCI.
Then when i restarted computer with monitor plugged into the PCI card I was able to see it boot up and also the "Starting Windows XP" screen. However, once windows actually loaded it went to a grayish-black screen. When I switch back to other card I can see that Windows has properly loaded.

So i've made progess, but I still have a problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom