Any Changes Needed... ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Not bad really...

After about a month of deciding and spending hours reading the different FPS on tomshardware charts (and getting dissapointed every time i click on Elder Scrolls IV) i have decided on my pc specs with my tight budget of 340 pounds if im lucky unough to get the money from my ebay auctions. (well my stuff on my dads credit card ... im only 13).

anyway this is what i hope to get the money for but im wondering on the performance or how i could improve it and stay under 340pounds.

AMD Athlon AM2 Single Core 3800 2.4GHZ 512K L2 Cache.
Ati Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 256MB version.
Gigabyte PCI-E X16 Single GPU AM2 socket Motherboard.
PC 5300/667MHZ 1GB Ram (normal ''Budget'' ram from exlir)
160GB Western Digital 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Disk.

And now the best part .. i have a 300 watt or 350 built in psu ... my dad has been working and building pc's and servers for around 15 years and has placed a bet that if all this wont run on the psu or it all gets fried ec ect he will replace it all ... Now im confident it will break so hopefully he will replace with a 550watt psu.

Many Thanks. What needs to be changed or should it run Games like Half Life episode one and BF2142 alright (medium and above settings) ?

Ok but how about the system specs .... anything i could improve on but u'll have to really try to convince me to change to an Intel Processor ..... its to much faff to deal with :D .

Thanks

Thanks Nukem, The weakest components im seeing will be the lack of Dual Core Processors and and anotehr half a gig of memory, Its all down to money though.

I have a question. This may be a website fault but The Single Core 3800 is running at 2.4GHz but the Dual Core is 2.0GHZ.

Is the dual core still faster for playing games because the CPU Charts seem to be a bit random on the whole dual core v single core.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom